Wednesday, April 25, 2018

WOYWW 464

Getting ready to do another layout (100 days of lol). Day 22. In the back is my embroidery sampler with a bit of fun foam on top, as one does lol). The coffee filter is for catching embossing powder at less than a penny apiece, they are my favorite and unless it's an especiallly glittery embossing powder, I use them repeatedly.

This is the pile to my right. The Harry Potter 7 pt. 2 layout still in the works (see all the little books in the making? lol). Also the pictures for today's effort which is also doubling as my Papertrey Ink Blog Hop contribution (a love letter to my giant tea cup aka my favorite bowl so big a regular teacup fits into it with room leftover), as well as some velvet ribbons, a jar of pickles (part of a present lol), papers and rub-ons.

This is my box of Ranger, Tim Holtz and Wendy Vecchi embossing powders including a number of Distress Embossing Powders that are sadly no longer made. If you don't have any Wendy Vecchi embossing powders, run out now to the store and buy some!

This is my bin of miscellaneous embossing powder including some scratch and sniff made myself by combing instant coffee and clear and my especially treasured Glow-in-the-Dark embossing powder. Stampendous chunky and glittered, Zing!, etc. Except my UTEE which is stored separately.

Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground for ganders at other crafty spaces around the world.

5 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

You certainly have an array of embossing powders! They look fascinating. I must admit that I tend to stick to the regular colour palette and will use coloured inks with clear EP a lot of the time. I do have some precious Pearlescent Powders from Stampendous in the colours of jewels which come out on special occasions. I hadn't come across glow in the dark EP before though. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Helen said...

I have similar numbers of pots of embossing powders too. don't often do much embossing these days though.. but can't get rid! Helen #4

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Loving all those embossing powders, such a versatile medium to work with, I love building up layers and layers of the stuff in unconventional ways, the created texture is amazing when highlighted with a touch of gilding wax.
Love your creative area... Thank you for sharing WOYWW.
Tracey #10

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You win the prize for the most unusual item on anyone's desk this week, lol! A jar of pickles isn't commonly seen around these desky parts :-D. I love the pic of your enormous teacup, makes me think of the Mad Hatter's Tea Party for some reason ;-)
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Christine said...

Interesting post. I have just started embossing so found your drawers fascinating!! lol Sad but .....
Have a good week
Christine #07