Sunday, April 3, 2016

Make It Monday #244: Score Lines

Make It Monday #244: Score Lines. I used them twice, once around the Spring Moss card front and one the Stamper's Select White card base (every 1/2 inch).

This morning I woke up to this, even though the grass is just about to need mowing and the birds are building nests and frogs were singing in the near by creek yesterday.

The DIY stamping device made from a DVD case was critical in getting the images stamped three times with white pigment ink exactly in the same place. The snowflake is from Snowflake Medley, the flower is from Note Niblets. After I dried the pigment ink with my heat gun, I colored the flowers and the middle part of the snowflake with Memento Angel Pink marker and put a dot of Yellow Stickles in the center of all the flowers.

And because Simon Says Anything Goes, I'm entering it there as well.

7 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Spring is in the air in WA State, but you must be in the Midwest or East Coast with the freshly fallen snow. Back to your card, great idea scoring lines on your white background and your main image. Spring snowflakes are not an oxymoron!

The Paper Toile said...

Oh, snow! I haven't seen snow in years! Love your beautiful spring card!

paperkicks said...

Love your card, it makes me smile. We don't get much snow in Central Texas, but it did snow once in April, of all things! Hope your spring comes to stay soon!!

Nancy said...

Love the way you used the score lines on your card! Your card is so cute too! We had snow here in upstate NY too! I am so ready to see it move on!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love the snowflake on a spring card haha, the photo says it all too, very funny :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Lol, that was here yesterday morning. I really want to be able to turn the heat off already!

Miriam Prantner said...

The score lines look fantastic! Ugh on the snow! It snowed some here, but didn't stick. I think we may have finally turned the corner to spring though! Oh and thanks so much for your support with my class. I hope you are enjoying it! Can't wait to see your projects!