Wednesday, April 15, 2015

WOYWW 306, Working at the Stamp Wash, 500th post : )

An unusual (temporary) lull lol. Bottom left is a large whorl painted gold (it will be a large spindle one day). This marks my 500th post btw, I think I'm starting to get the hang of things lol.

I made a little stamp wash (and I sing car wash while I'm cleaning them). The scrubbie pad has stamp cleaning solution and water. I use a lunch container to keep squares of a car drying "towel". It has no lint and leaves the stamps squeaky clean. The lunch container gives me a place to store the bits that need cleaning.

edited to add: Most of the stamps I'm washing have lost their stick due to a lot of use (and Versamark?) and linty from all the baby wipes I've used. After the wash they are all sticky again : ). The "towels" are damp so they are like the rinse to the wash. And the Car Wash song is from the 1976 movie Car Wash... it was re-made in the movie Shark Tank. If you google it be sure to say Car Wash Song or theme song 1976 Car Wash... I didn't, it was... surprising lol.

For more crafty spaces, head over to Julia's Stamping Ground.

13 comments:

Helen said...

I use one of those scrubby mats too, but just with water, I don't mind if all the colour of the ink doesn't come off the stamps; but I don't sing when I do mine!! Have a great day. Helen #5

MrsC.x said...

happy 500th!
love the hm stamp cleaner i use an SU one cos i was too lazy to make my own
have a good week, Happy WOYWW
Thanks for sharing
Mrs C.x #2 this week :)
http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/woyww-march-14th-2015.html

Glenda said...

I have one of those scrubby things but never use it. No one wants to hear me sing!
Glenda #40

Christine said...

I use plain, non-alcohol wipes to clean my stamps - is this wash something special?
Have a good week
Christine

Bishopsmate #41

Robyn Oliver said...

Cool idea for cleaning your stamps...I do like to keep my clean, don't mind staining but try to just use water - some of my older stamp I think have been wrecked from cleaning agents. Have a great week Cheers RobynO#22

Stacy Sheldon said...

I think I am going to have to google carwash as a song lol... this is a cool set up though, I love that you have the divided container. :) ~Stacy #56

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

I think I should start singing when I clean stamps. They tend to pile up unwashed on my desk as I get impatient to move on to the next thing! Maybe singing would help the task :) Shel@PaperOcotilloStudio #17

Belinda Basson said...

I don't know any car was songs...as for stamp cleaning...I take mine to the kitchen and do a mass cleaning session and stick them all to the tiles!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I do like clean stamps and try to clean them as I go but often end up having a stamp wash day too.
Hoping you have a great crafty week. Happy woyww, Angela x 36 x

Claire Grantham said...

Happy 500th!! I knew I knew you from somewhere :) I saw you won a challenge somewhere the other day and I couldn't figure out how I knew you LOL. Love the stamp wash (now car wash is stuck in my head). I really need to do this with some of mine..Cx #55

Lisca said...

Congratulations on your 500th blog! I have no idea how many I've done. I'll count them one day..
I always clean my stamps immediately with a wet wipe and I see no need for special cleaners at the moment. (But then I don't stamp that much)
Now I will go and google that car wash song. I don't remember it. In 1976 I was pregnant and gave birth at the end of august. So I had other things on my mind and besides I didn't own a car, so car wash was far from my mind...lol
Have a great week,
Lisca#45

Patrink said...

Singing right along with you. Will have to keep your washing trick in mind for future projects.

Happy WOYWW Thanks for sharing.
Pat #64

okienurse said...

Great idea having a stamp wash station. SU used to have a scrubby pad thing that you could use to clean and dry them but it would start smelling and mildewing after a while and I went to wet wipes. I may need to find a scrubber again cause I the way they clean better. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Vickie #8