Saturday, February 14, 2015

Spring Into Action Challenge

The challenge is to use a stamp set that has not seen any action or enough action. Scrapbooking has been on the back burner far too long, so I decided to use the Make It Market kit: Country Fair to scrap the highlights of a day I went to the fair by myself.

 Using the technique of making a stamp out of sticky backed fun foam that was part of the Ancient Rome segment of Stamp-a-faire 2014, I stamped the 12 x 12 paper using Picked Raspberry Distress Paint. I attached it to a piece of plastic packaging instead of an acrylic block.

Then I added paisley stamps with White Pigment ink. I used the rosette die to make a rosette and to make a border.

The quilt square was turned into a journal pocket (1/8 inch score tape on the sides and bottom). The journal card was made by gluing the Enjoy die cut at the top of a Monthly Moments Mini Journal Card die. I used some hot pink gingham ribbon in the border. The title is cut with the Cricut Base Camp cartridge.

No comments: