Monday, September 29, 2014

Flutterby

Simon Says Anything Goes. It's a spinner card with a butterfly made of three layers of tissue paper cut with the butterfly die from Pretty Peonies, stamped with the matching image in Soft Stone.

I cut a small piece of plastic packaging, folded it in half and matched it up with the butterfly layers. Then poked a whole and inserted a brad.

Then I put the brad through a paper layer of the top of the spinner element. I used the cut out of the spinner line to trace the space and wrote "flutter" in pencil several times. Then traced over it with a fine line pigment marker, then erased the pencil lines. I cut the spinner element twice and glued all the parts together. The top mat is attached with a single layer of foam tape.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Beautiful CAS card, so elegant and a wonderful design.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

3kidmama said...

What an ELEGANT card and so creative! I saw it in the class gallery and was hoping the artist had a blog so I could see how you created it. What a perfect card for so many occasions - it's just so wonderfully creative and lovely! I voting that YOU teach one of these OCC classes! LOL