Wednesday, January 26, 2011

WOYWW

It has been a busy week. I wanted to get the last of the Beach Ornaments done before I went to bed tonight, only I couldn't find my glasses. I could have sworn I left them on my desk, but no, they were on my shirt. I've been playing with wood this week (see yesterday's post for a little stamping fun). The blue squares are chalkboard painted. The clothes pin/peg is holding the itop snap ring (I'm including a snap bobby pin as well). The others will be turned into earrings by the magic of jump rings. I've found a tube for the chalk to fit in the giftee's purse. Under the glass ornaments you can see the end of my little crop-a-dile. It punched through those wood pieces like buttah. Only one piece broke and it was too close to the edge. The pile of ink pads were used in my wooden experiments (except for the chalkboard bits).  I'm having a ranger fest today, Distress Inks, Glossy Accents, Misty thingies, and color wash..

The ornaments are filled with sand, tomorrow I'll make the boxes and label the ornaments. Luckily two ornaments fit into a brown lunch bag.  The punch in front is for the itop.

Here's a picture of me from longggggg ago. I wasn't shy, I just couldn't/can't stand having the sun in my eyes. Girl Scout Sunday, you can just make out the fingers of the gloves. This was a printer experiment gone awry, so Friday I'm hoping to experiment on photos :D.

If you're curious to see what other people are doing on their workdesk this Wednesday, head over to Julia's Stamping Ground and have a gander. Better yet, join in the fun.

23 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

loving those baubles... very pretty! Hels #6

Annie said...

Love the look of your ornaments in the making.
A x

Ciara said...

Cool post! Those beach ornaments look interesting and I just took a peek at your wooden stampy things - soooo cute!

Sue said...

Hi ya
very creative desk, luv the glass baubles, fab piccie,have great day, happy WOYWW sue,x (30)

Sarah said...

Great post - lovely things in the make and such a cute photo -really! It looks really urban and cool like that!
Sarah (sasa)

Debs said...

can't wait to see the finished baubles xx

okienurse said...

Very nice! YOu have been busy this week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #59

donnalouiserodgers said...

I love using chalkboard paint - matte colours do it for me everytime,

Dx

Audrey Frelx said...

So far, so good!!! Can't wait to see them completed!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had to read this post three times before I got it. I finally got the second photo is some of those clear glass balls filled with sand. But a quick look didn't help because the photo is very deceiving. I agree that the crop-a-dile is well worth the money. It goes through EVERYTHING. Sorry I missed you last week. Happy WOYWW from #10.

Sheila said...

The beach ornaments look great. Love the cropadile.

Marjo said...

Looking good, can't wait to see them all finished.

Thanks for the peek and sharing. Hugs, Marjo #7 Happy WOYWW

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Those beach ornaments intrigue me - what are you going to do with them in the end. That cropodile looks like a useful piece of kit, one to put on my wish list.

Anonymous said...

Those ornaments look interesting. Love that you experiment - only just learning to be that brave.
x Tricia (120)

Nicky said...

Lots going on again - I agree the crop a dile is a great piece of kit ~ Nicky 17

Unknown said...

they look really interesting hun, thanks for the snoop xx

hugs
judie xx

Barbara Mason said...

Hmmmm...Beach ornaments...great idea - we do a friends beach camping trip every year -these would make a wonderful memorable giftie!!! When you have to wear your glasses 24/7 except to sleep you won't lose them!!!

Joanne said...

Glossy accents and a peg, what more could a crafter want? Oh maybe that fabulous Crop-a-dile.

HeARTworks said...

How interesting to make beach ornaments! You've been busy! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Tertia said...

Love those beach ornaments. Should try to make some, my sone keeps giving me a hard time because we live in Africa and I use snow on my Christmas stuff. This should shut him up! LOL
Tertia 137

Minxy said...

Your desk certainly looks busy, and i just love the ornaments.
Thanks for visiting me,
and a belated happy WOYWW
Minxy #1

Kenneth Copeland said...

Lovely ornaments. Your desk is very busy. :)

Chrissie said...

Those ornaments look very interesting, what a great idea!
Hope you had a great WOYWW!
Chrissie #5