Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mirror, Mirror

We have a couple of very dark rooms in our house. So, I'm experimenting with some mirrors from the dollar store as a way to add some light with a bit of decoration without having a plain mirror which catches every movement.

 

I washed the mirror with a baby wipe and put a vinyl cut of the dream cloud from Home Decor. After I washed off the etching cream, but before I took off the vinyl, I used some blue alcohol ink to add a little color.

 I used an alcohol pad to clean this mirror before I put on the vinyl. The birds are from Indie Art. I'm really liking how this one turned out!.

5 comments:

flowerdisco said...

that is such a cool idea! that is one thing i do not lack in our home....mirrors and light. lol

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

WOW! WOW! wOW!

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, I love this!!! You did a great job. I'm going to have to do these!

DonnaMundinger said...

Very cool idea and I love the artsy result! xxD

S.H.M.I.L.Scrapping said...

WOW these mirrors are beautiful never would have thought of this concept thanks for sharing